Purchasing 2-wheeler insurance online is not just safe but can also help you save time and money. But if this is the first time that you are purchasing 2-wheeler insurance online, the process might seem a little confusing. Check out this post to know the simple steps of buying insurance for your bike online.
Not just 4-wheelers but 2-wheelers are compulsorily required to carry appropriate insurance at all times in India. By not having a valid two-wheeler insurance, you risk the safety of your bike and also commit an offence which is punishable by a hefty fine. It may also lead to cancellation of your driving license.
Why get into these problems when you can easily purchase insurance for your two-wheeler online? The online insurance platforms have made the entire process of purchasing two-wheeler insurance simple, rapid and hassle free. If this is the first time that you are planning to purchase two-wheeler insurance online, here are the steps you should follow-
- Select an Insurance Portal: While you can buy two-wheeler insurance directly from the official websites of the insurance providers, make it easier for you to compare the policies and pick one that best suits your requirements.
Look for a reputed wo-wheeler insurance portal which allows you to instantly get quotes for the bike model you own and other custom specifications.
- Enter Details of Your Bike: Once you have selected an insurance portal, the next step is to enter the details of your two-wheeler and purchase year.
This will enable the insurance portal to provide instant quotes based on your exact requirements. Submit the details, and you will have a list of quotes from top insurance providers.
- Select Specifications: On the quotes page, you will get many additional options such as setting your RTO, own IDV, selecting NCB (No Claim Bonus), additional cover, and more.
You can adjust these specifications if required to get the most accurate quotes. Even the insurance quotes will have detailed information about the premium, insurance duration, and more for enhanced convenience.
- Provide Personal and Vehicle Details: After comparing and selecting a quote, you will then have to fill a form with your personal details such as name, mobile number, email address, city, pin code, and more.
You will also be required to provide additional details about your vehicle such as registration number, engine number, and chassis number. If you already have a policy, details about the same should also be provided here.
- Review and Pay: After submitting the form, you can review all the details of the selected bike insurance. Check all the details carefully to avoid any kind of errors in the policy document. If everything is all right, you can choose a payment option and pay for the policy. You will be redirected to a secure page for completing the payment.
Once the payment is completed successfully, you will instantly receive a confirmation, and the digital policy will be delivered to your mailbox. The insurance provider will also dispatch a physical copy of the insurance to your address.
Two-wheeler insurance is not an expense but a necessity to keep your two-wheeler and your finances protected against any kind of risk or accident and 3rd party damage. Follow these steps to easily purchase two-wheeler insurance online and save a considerable amount of time and money in the process.