Kitchens are an essential part of any home, and often the center of family life. However, over time, our kitchen experiences wear and tear that can make it less efficient and less attractive. One of the bigger jobs in refreshing your kitchen involves replacing kitchen cabinet doors. The good news is that this project is not as complex or as expensive as what you might think. In this blog post, we will provide ideas for shopping for Joes Doors, so you can start planning to revamp your kitchen.
1. Look for Quality Door Material Options: You won’t want to choose a kitchen door material that will quickly fade or crack, which generally means choosing a reliable option. Solid wood is a great material option for kitchen doors, especially traditional hardwoods such as Oak, Cherry, or Maple. Wood composite doors are also durable and easy to maintain. Choosing the right material will help ensure that your kitchen doors will last for years to come.
2. Select the Door Style That Fits Your Kitchen: Closely examine the current door style of your kitchen cabinets. Do you want your replacement kitchen doors to resemble the existing doors that you are replacing, or do you want to change the style completely with modern shaker-style doors or the popular flat panel doors? Choose a door style that not only fits your kitchen design but also fits your budget.
3. Accurate Measurements of Your Cabinet Dimensions: You do not want to spend time and money on replacement kitchen doors, only to find out they are the wrong size. So, measure accurately, and consider any changes you may want to make in your cabinet’s layout to either increase storage, configuration or function. The correct measurements will convert to the best fit for your new doors.
4. Estimate Your Budget: Replacement kitchen cabinet doors are not nearly as costly as a complete kitchen remodel. Hence replacement kitchen doors are an excellent way to update your kitchen without breaking the bank. Set your budget and stick with it when calculating the cost of your new doors. A range of options exists for wood cabinet doors; MDF doors, Thermofoil and laminates, all with differing cost structures.
5. Find a Trusted Supplier: One of the most critical steps in replacement kitchen door shopping is to find a trusted supplier to ensure you receive high-quality materials, great customer service, and post-sales support. Take your time in your search, read online reviews, and visit several showrooms to see, feel and touch the various elements of replacement doors. This process will help you make informed decisions and can be long-lasting with excellent results.
When looking to update your kitchen without performing a costly remodel, switching out your cabinet doors is a great option. The process does require some planning and research, but with our shopping ideas, you can be well on your way to selecting the right replacement doors for your home. Remember to identify material options and select a door style that matches your kitchen design. Finally, choose a reliable supplier to work with as you begin your renovation project. With all of these steps in mind, you can feel confident that your resulting kitchen will look and function its best, so why not start planning your kitchen door renovation project today?