Undeniably, seeing an open limper fills a gambler’s eyes with “dollar signs” and this excitement is pretty justified. Whenever you spot an open limper on situs poker online terpercaya, you should gear yourself up for making a whole lot of money out of his stack in quite a short time period.
If you too are among those who find it fascinating to crush open limpers but find your strategy quite bland and ineffective to do so, we are here to help!
The article aims at providing some tips to secure a big chunk of an open limper’s stack in poker.
Why Should You Never Open Limp?
Experts have always been recommending avoiding being the first one to limp into the pot. Why? Here’s the answer.
Open-limping is an outdated and inefficient playing strategy as it encourages passive gameplay. If you’re an open limper, you’ll be always left with very few ways to make it to the pot.
But surely, that doesn’t mean not limping at all. You can always limp when at least one player has already limped, making limping an intelligent move.
Here are some ways to make it to the pot while pre-flopping.
- Hitting your hands on the board and winning at the showdown
- All other players at the table end up folding their hands
- Turning by c-betting and taking the pot down
Benefits of Avoiding Open Limping
Not being the first one to limp has several impressive advantages, some of which are listed here.
- This will undeniably make the game much more challenging for your opponents and helps you secure the pot on situs poker online terpercaya.
- Allows you to bluff with your string hands over a prescribed board texture
- Enhances your winning probability, especially when you’re aiming at hitting your hand and conquering at the showdown.
Different Approaches to Deal with a Limper
No two limpers are the same and thus, you should have the right approach to deal with them. Here are some factors to look into before dealing with the limpers.
- Player’s aggressiveness on the table
- The depth of the stack
- The level of skills and strategy of the player
How to Mine the Maximum Value from a Limper’s Hand?
Here are a few tips to miming value out of a limper.
- Proceed defensively
It is advised to proceed passively against an open limper as a rational player would limp only if he’s finding his cards to be good enough to be in this position. Thus, no you have a third player to worry about.
However, you also need to consider the following factors.
- The player’s 3-betting frequency
- The status of his stacks
- His hand’s strength
- Loosen your strategy
Too much open limping compels the limper to make a mistake, giving you a commendable chance to realize his equity while isolating him.
The Bottom Line
We hope that you found the article useful. Wishing you luck with open limpers!