Trump Administration Tells Thousands of Haitians They Must Leave the US
Trump names North Korea a state sponsor of terrorism
Take firm stance against Iran, Saudi asks Arab League By
Why did Congress sit on Rafale deal for 10 years: Nirmala Sitharaman
5 militants, IAF Garud killed, jawan injured in north Kashmir encounter
Passengers Suffer Food Poisoning After Eating Breakfast On Goa-Mumbai Tejas Express
November 22 2017, 06:03 | Irvin Gilbert
Tejas Express: 24 passengers taken ill after eating breakfast
"Today (Sunday), 26 passengers travelling in 22120 Karmali - CSTM Tejas Exp suffered from food poisoning".
The passengers were headed towards Mumbai. The Tejas Express, a premium train, connects Mumbai and Karmali in Goa.The IRCTC has issued a show-cause notice to the caterer of Tejas Express , As Reported By Hindu.
They were admitted to a hospital. While Rao did not eat anything and so remain unaffected, there were at least three passengers sitting near him who had to be rushed to hospital in Chiplun for medical care.
All the passengers who complaine dof food poisoning were admitted to a Lifecare Hospital at Chiplun in the Konkan region. "This is unfortunate and strict action would be taken against all those responsible", said the official. Around 12pm, 3 passengers complained that they were feeling uneasy and felt like vomiting. "The train was stopped out of course at Chiplun railway station and treatment was given to passengers by railway doctor".
It also found unpurified tap water being used to make beverages, uncovered and unwashed waste bins, food left out in the open, and rats and cockroaches at catering units in trains and stations.
Some confusion prevailed after Konkan Railway Corporation Railway put the number of ill passengers at 26 while the IRCTC said it was 24.
As reported by the hospital, none of the patients was in serious condition, IRCTC claimed in its statement. Officials added that the food sample of breakfast and soup was sent for testing.
Numerous passengers complained of vomiting and energy loss. When contacted by the Deccan Chronicle, IRCTC general manager, Arvind Malkhede claimed that they are not sure if the food served by them can be linked to the suspected food-poisoning incident.