North Korea denies torturing American detainee Otto Warmbier
Sears to close another 20 stores
North Korea Tests Rocket Engine
JK: Pakistan violates ceasefire in Poonch sector
Hear the moment cops shoot knife-wielding pregnant woman
Kalashnikov Found In Raid Linked To Nice Attack
June 25 2017, 05:19 | Irvin Gilbert
The uncle of the man who killed 84 people with a truck on the French Riviera says his nephew was indoctrinated about two weeks ago by an Algerian member of the Islamic State group in Nice.
Lawmakers also adopted a law extending a state of emergency for six months, after it was toughened up by the right-dominated Senate.
Cazeneuve said 59 people were still hospitalized after Thursday's attack, 29 of them in intensive care, out of 308 people injured overall.
He lost his wife in the attack and was hunting Saturday for his four-year-old son.
The Bastille Day killer drove his truck up a low kerb and onto the Nice waterfront to get at his victims, using an apparently easy and unblocked route that delivery drivers take daily, according to witnesses and the French government's account.
Bouhlel was shot to death by police after he barreled down the crowded Promenade des Anglais for nearly a mile, crushing and hitting people who had gathered to watch fireworks.
Links between the Nice truck attacker and "terrorist networks", including the Islamic State (IS) group which has claimed the killings, "have not yet been established by the investigation", France's interior minister said on Monday.
"But I want to say, because it's the truth, that everything that should have been done over the last 18 months. wasn't done", he said, without proposing what could have been done better.
"This administrative investigation.will establish the reality of these measures, while unnecessary controversy continues", he said in a statement.
The Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation says it has raised almost $45 million at a celebrity-filled auction gala in Saint Tropez for environmental action, but will donate a portion to a French anti-terrorism charity in the light of last week's attacks.
Five children and 21 adults remained in a critical condition and were among 121 people still hospitalised, the French health ministry said.
The State of Emergency was imposed after the 13 November Paris attack in which Islamic State militants killed 130 people.
Voters also denounced the lack of restraint among competing politicians while many of those killed in Thursday's attack on the seafront Promenade des Anglais boulevard have still to be identified or buried. However, Manuel Valls said there were no doubts about the assailant's motives. She has now reportedly been released.
Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve called for a police inquiry into the security measures taken in Nice, after an article in Liberation daily claiming that only one municipal police vehicle was guarding the spot where Bouhlel crashed through barriers onto the promenade.
"We should be uniting together and defending the country", said Boubekeur Bekri, adding that "a crime is a crime" regardless of faith.
Earlier, the French newspaper Liberation said Cazeneuve lied about the whereabouts of the national police officers and cars in Nice on July 14.